JUST STARTING TO GET SOME INFORMATION ABOUT THE UPCOMING TRAINING...WHAT IT THE HARDEST PART OF THE TRAINING?

Views: 235

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The paper work is the hardest, if you have agood instructer the hands one will be so much fun and
informative it will seem to be simple.Yes you will think you can"t do something but don't give up
YOU CAN DO IT!!
I agree with Jeff. The paper work is the hardest. If your instructors are good, then you will have fun and enjoy it. Maynot seem like it at first, but you will. Have fun, and good luck.
Thank you for the advice and the feed back...I am pretty excited!!
I'll admit that the paper work is pretty hard, but in all my class ive always found that the one thing i find the hardest to deal with is being unprepared, and getting nervous. Just be confident in yourself and you will get it done with flying colors
I've had 1 class so far and that was Extrication I. The class was nothing but lectures, but in the field it was so hard because they showed you how the tools worked, but the key thing is they said to think outside of the box and use your imagination on how to get the patient out, looking back on it im glad they said that because thats how extrication works. Theres no standard procedure, everything changes in an instance, and you gotta constantly think outside that box. Don't get mad like i did because after that first day i thought alot about what the instructors said and it was a blast the 2nd day.
the hardest part of the training will be your attitude.......and how you function as a team member paper work not all that bad
Make sure you're in shape, and if you have some time before training starts, start walking with a backpack with about 20# of sand in it. This will begin to get you used to working with your SCBA on. Believe me, the extra few pounds can take a lot out of you if you're not used to it!

And stay hydrated, drink LOTS of water on training days and know what signs to look for concerning dehydration.
getting people motivated in training and attending would be your first and hardest hurdle...you might need to find some incentives to otivate them and get them interested...also, try some new thing that your personell havent tried before or something not as common around your department

The hardest part of firefighter training is motivation. Some people get burnt out too easily, not realizing how much brain power is used in addition to physical power. I'd suggest picking up some discounted IFSTA textbooks to prepare you for the tests and paperwork, some firefighter training DVDs with scenarios that will familiarize you with equipment and procedures, and other than that, just keep a good attitude and remember that you are working as a TEAM

Commitment and not falling into the normalization of deviance.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service