Can anyone point me in the direction where I can find powerpoint presentations I can use for drills? We have an upcoming drill on building construction and I would like to use a powerpoint presentation.

Thanks for your help!

Views: 5179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bill: I just purchased the teachers kit for Brannigan's, Building Construction for the Fire Service. There are twelve Powerpoint presentations in the teachers kit covering a variety of building construction topics. The teachers kit is available from NFPA. www.firefighterclosecalls.com has some PPTs on building construcion hazards that you can download for free.

Good Luck
Thats an easy one...talk with anyone who teaches Firefighter II....I took it and a whole section was on building classifications and types of construction....I am sure they would be happy to either loan it out or maybe even do a presentation for you....Good luck........Paul
Definately one of the state or county fire academies would have it for sure.
Try www.firehouse.com in training. If you are not a member it is only $35 for a year, and you get more by becoming a member. Good luck.
Thanks Mike, I went there yesterday and was able to retrieve some... Thanks again
Let me know what you need. Got a couple that I can get to you if you need them.
Anthony,

That would be great. My email address is cfd45@msn.com. I am looking for some basic information regarding the 5 types of buildings.
No problem. I will try and get them to you later today. When do you need them by?
Not till tuesday....
Bill Try this site NFA Trade Repository
Try the LSU TRADENET at http://feti.lsu.edu/municipal/NFA/TRADE/ . There are many good powerpoints available for download here for a variety of subjects.

Here is some building construction info links forwarded to me from the NYS OFPC. I don't know if there are any powerpoints pre made but there should be lots of useful info to make one. You may want to try a Google search also.

An excellent site to expand your knowldge of building construction

Subject: firebulletin USFA Announces Web-Based Educational Program for
the Fire Service on Building Performance of Lightweight Construction
during Fires

Emmitsburg, MD - The United States Fire Administration (USFA) in
partnership
the American Forest & Paper

Association (AF&PA) announced today the release of a comprehensive
Web-basededucational program developed to enhance firefighter awareness of the performance of
different forms of lightweight construction components during fires to create a safer operational environment for the fire service. These components include trusses, glue laminated beams, I-joists, structural composite
lumber, and wood structural panels.

Included in this program is FireFrame, an interactive tool on building
construction for the fire service.

This Web-based program was developed with the assistance of several
State and local level fire training systems.

"Firefighter safety and building construction is an important issue for the fire service today," said Charlie Dickinson, Acting U.S. Fire Administrator. "Education is critical for firefighters operating at incidents to understand how modern building products perform in fires."

"AF&PA was proud to work in partnership with USFA as well as several State and local fire training organizations to develop a program to educate the fire service on today's and tomorrow's building components,"

AF&PA President and CEO Juanita D. Duggan stated. "Through this educational
outreach and partnership we are committed to supporting the operational safety of the firefighters
that bravely protect us everyday."

Further information on this program can be found on this page of the
USFA
Web site:

http://www.usfa.dhs.gov/fireservice/research/safety/construction.shtm

http://www.woodaware.info
David beat me to it, bu the NFA TRADE materials come in handy. I have the whole thing on 13 cd's with TONS of topics and information. The only problem is that it is getting a little dated now. Easily fixed though, do some updates and make it your own.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service