My dept is thinking about installing a sound system into our firehouse and I am curious what other people have done for there own firehouse sound system. We our thinking of something that a DJ or a microphone can be plugged into for special events that our held at the station. Also something that we might use to broadcast fire dispatches thought the building on normal days when nothing special is happening.

So I was wondering if any one else had any other requirements I am not thinking of or maybe an example of a setup you have now and like.

Views: 207

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am not familiar with what you are going for (radio transmissions throughout the building) but I can understand the microphone for special events, and speakers for a DJ. Most DJ's have their own gear, so I wouldn't worry a ton about speakers for them. Look at the many choices available in surround sound systems. I prefer a BOSE system, the sound is unmatched to any other speaker I have ever heard. With the proper setup and installation you can have crystal clear sound that carries throughout the area that requires less wiring, less speakers and less hassle. Hope this helps, good luck
We have a speaker system that runs off of our base station. We have speakers in the truck bay, kitchen, meeting room, SCBA/EMS room and lounge. There are provisions for others but I haven't gotten around to finishing the job... yet.

This keeps us informed of what's happening on the fire channel plus other counties if we have the base in scan mode.

The base radio also has a PA function - you can hit a button and use the microphone to page someone over the speaker system.

For entertainment purposes we have a separate sound system in the banquet hall but that's just a standard public address system with its own speakers. Any bands, DJs or whoever generally bring their own systems anyways.
We have our pageing system go through our phone system and our radio system is on it's own system but both of them go through the same speaker system. The phone system was installed by our phone company and our radio system was intalled by our radio repair company. We have separate volume controls for each room for the radio system. All our speakers are in the ceilling it work well for us.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service