Do not know if this is supposed to go here or not. Topeka, Kansas lost a damn fine man and firefighter last night while battiling an apratment fire. Anthony "Tony" Cox 44 years old and a 21 year department veteran made the ultimate sacrafice last night as he did what he loved to do. Tony leaves behind a wife, and unborn baby. Also he leaves behind another son and two daughters. Numerous other personal family members and his large family of fellow firefighters, and friends that will miss him dearly. Thank you Tony for doing what you loved so that others may live. God speed Tony, god speed.

Views: 251

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All my thoughts and Prayers to his family and friends, God needed another good man for the best department there is.
Tony loved his job, his crew, and his family. He sacrificed his life, and deserves to be called a hero. We'll miss you always!
God Speed brother! All of my thoughts and prayer with his family and friends.
RIP Tony you will never be forgotten as you were a friend and co worker. Prayers to his wife and kids for their loss. I will miss him....
I don't think you could find a better place to put it. Rest assured that for each of us that make the sacrifice another is born from fire to carry on and improve our proud way of life and traditions. I feel I can speak for several million Firefighters world wide when I say we share your loss and sorrow. God speed
Rest in Peace, my thoughts to his families, at home and at his department,
Huw Jones
As a wife of a firefighter news like this always moves me to tears. We as a family will life up his family, and fire family in prayer.
My thought and prayers are with his family and his firehouse family.
My deepest sympathies to the Topeka Fire Department and the Cox family for their sad loss.

Sleep with angels, Tony.
God Bless the soul of our fallen comrade. God bless his family, friends brothers and sisters in the fire service. He made the ultimate sacrifice doing a job he obviously loved doing. Take his death, and in turn not mourn the loss, but celebrate the life. He lives through you all that were there for him in his life by leaving memories to reflect on. I hope you all find peace in knowing he is in heaven watching over you all, and will be waiting by the gate for your arrival in the future.
Once again deepest symapathy to the family and to the members of the Topeka Fire Dept.

I am sure his honour and bravery will remain in everyones hearts for eternity.

Rest In Peace TONY .............
I was on the fire with Tony. I was his relief so I was going in as he was coming out. I didnt get to say goodbye, but I think he knew how much I thought of him personally and professionally. We were just getting ready to play in the Firefighter golf tournament together. Tony was a great man, a great firefighter, a great mentor, and most of all, a good friend. I will miss him sorely. I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers on behalf of all the Topeka Firefighters.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service