For some of the engine people who saw the group "Cancel The Engine" and thought there was some shiny object on here for them, and now they aren't quite sure:

You know you are a truckie if, when called to a medical, the tool you bring inside is a shovel.

The rest of you, feel free to fill in the blanks.

Views: 3420

Replies to This Discussion

you know your a truckie when the words "fear of heights" are not allowed in the same sentence (except this one)

you know your a truckie when you crawl faster and better than your toddler
you know you are a truckie when your favorite play tools are a hook and can.
AWESOME, what if they ask you to have a beer with 'em!!!! LMAO
You know you're a Truckie when the reflective strips on your helmet are cut into the shape of a chainsaw, and no one even mentions it.

You know you're working for a truckie when you ask about you're new Lt. and they all refer to him as the "surgeon with a saw"

You know you're a truckie when you spend an hour listening to someone talk about knots required to haul tools up a ladder, and when it comes time to demonstrate, you hook them to you're belt and climb the ladder
lol hahaha done that before but it was chicken lol
yu know your a true truckie when you pull on scene after the engine, have the roof opened up, building laddered, primary search done, found the fire for the woosy wagon boys, overhaul started and have smoked a half pack of cigs by the time the engine company screams to charge there line because its too hot.
By the colror of my sheild.
You know you're a truckie when all of the engine guys have your footprints on thier backs.
you know your a truckie when you here clubs and irons on tv and you think its something good only to find out they are talking about golf.

you might be a truckie if your 3 year old thinks the FDNY Forcible Entry guidebook IS the Bible

you might be a truckie if you have your own halligan bar with your name engraved on it JUST IN CASE

Engine guys are nothing more then speed bumps in the hallway
you might be a truckie if when you herd about the government bailout you pictured President Obma comming down a ladder head first.
You have a can and irons mounted in your pickup next to the gear bag
funny story: At my part time department, I am a truck officer(that's my seat and I am proud of it), but at my full time department, I am often assigned wherever because of seniority or the lack thereof on my part. OK, at my full time department, we get toned out for a confirmed structure fire, multiple calls, police on scene requesting that we step it up. No, problem, I'm not new to the game and I've been to a few fires in my time. I'm excited and ready to go, but not nervous. I jump in my gear, get on the rig, slide on my scba, grab my irons and place them between my legs and before we know it, we're there. The house is 2 blocks from the firehouse. without turning around to see what we got, I can feel the heat on my face through the apparatus windows and I can smell a fire. OK, we got one! Still, no problem. I look out of the window and see the greatest amount of fire that I have ever seen "pushing with a purpose" from the front two rooms of the 1 story residential. Ok, still no problem, it's just time to punch in and go to work, right? I jump off of the rig, (assuming the Boss is right behind me like he always is)put the flat head in my truck belt, do a quick size up of the building, the fire, the scene, and the crowd, as I mask up on my way to the building. the fire is already self venting out of the front windows so I immediately pop the door with my haligan as flames roll out above me. I sound the floor and go in for the search from the fire room on back to the unburned rooms(like a good Truckie should). I come back out and radio to my Captain that the primary was negative, ventilation complete, and that I was going for utilities. So, feeling like I have once again honored all of the Truckies who have come before us and gave great honor to this art that we call Truckmanship, I see my Captain and I am waiting for a pat on the back or an attaboy. But, instead, he says, "Do you think that this hoseline is gonna stretch itself or did you forget that you were on an Engine instead of a Truck?" I look up and the other back step guy is fighting with a 2.5 attack line because I forgot that I was on an Engine. So, I jump on the line with him and get the fire knocked relatively quick. After the fire, we all kind of chuckle about it and the guys have been riding me ever since(all in good fun). The Capt said, "We try to class you up a little and let you ride with us in style, but you're still just a Truck guy, huh?" I replied, "Yup, and proud of it!" So, two things to gather from this. 1. never forget the hoseline of you are riding the Engine for the day because it is the bread and butter of any good Engine Co. 2. Never ride the Engine because real men carry tools. And that is how you know that you're a Truckie.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service