I am thinking about going overseas for wackenhut, and I was wondering if anyone could give me more information. Maybe someone that was already over there, or is there now. I would love to find someone that is already there that i could email with and ask any questions that I may come across. Any information would be a great help!

Views: 414

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Firstly, what do you mean by 'over there', 'is there now' and 'is already there'? Over where? Is where? The world is a very big place mate! Perhaps you could state exactly where you think you would be working?
I have a buddy that went over to iraq for wackenhut. He seems happy with his experience. I'll try to get his e-mail.
I am thinking about working for wackenhut. "Over there" is referring to Iraq, Afganistan, Kuwait, etc. Sorry for not clarifying that.
I knew what you meant, Jamie. I've been thinking about going "over there" also. I guess I'll be following this thread since I have very little info on the subject. Stay safe!
Brian, there is a lot of good information about what its like over there on the forums at firehouse.com.. I've read alot about it now I just want to actually talk to someone thats been through it. but the forums at firehouse.com is a great place to start.

http://forums.firehouse.com/archive/index.php/f-430.html
Thanks, I'll check it out.
i was there 18 months 2004-2006 but its intresting experince to enjoy it depends on ur take on things sometimes its everyones cup of tea wsi lost 3 firefighters this year. but when i was there we had no lodds but alot of demobs but its worth the certs u might get. and u might like the travelling the world if i wanted to i could go back. the firehouse forums they have pros and cons on there talk to you soon
Hey Thomas, I work about 40 miles to the northwest of you in Bartlett. I'm thinking about going to work for Wackenhut. I'd like to hear about your time there. My e-mail is fyrfyter81@sbcglobal.net
I got a buddy from a neighboring fire dept just started over there, I think he is with WSI---the only thing I know is that you have to have Firefighter 1 and 2, First responder, Haz-Mat awareness and operations and been on a fire dept for three years.

here is his myspace page url:www.myspace.com/ericmillerfire
I got all the certs covered and I've got 14 years in the Fire Service, I 'm just trying to gather as much info as I can. I've also got to figure out how to convert my State of Illinois certs to DOD. My wife and sons know that if I go I'll be gone for a year and they support me. I've read the postings on Firehouse.com , but I'd still like to talk to someone who's been there. Stay safe!
Thomas, I have 8 years full time. I have been thinking about the wackenhut thing for about 15 months now. I am having a hard time deciding to give up a full time job to go. I would make over there what I would take home in 3 years here. I have plans to start a business when I return. Would be in a great position to do it. I am single, no kids so just have to worry about myself.

Are there any girl firefighters there? Just wondering if I would be the only one.Do they give you time off to go home at any point before the end of the year?

If you want to talk, write back. I know your comment was in july, but I just saw it. Thanks
Have you gotten any information about Iraq and have you made it there?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service