West Chester fire sends several firefighters to the hospital
WEST CHESTER, PA (WTXF) - 12 firefighters were injured in Chester County while battling an underground fire in West Chester, according to officials.
The fire broke out on the 200 block of West Gay Street just after 3:30 p.m.
Officials have confirmed that 4 firefighters were transported from the scene and 8 more were being evaluated at the scene for possible carbon monoxide exposure.
If you live within the 100 and 200 blocks of West Gay Street and Market Streets, the West Chester Fire Department is asking that you evacuate the area until further notice as a precaution. At this time, no shelter has been established. West Chester Fire Department will be going door-to-door to check for carbon monoxide levels within the buildings.
PECO will start making repairs once the area is cleared. There's no time estimate for repairs.
Related on FirefighterNation.com:
Seattle Vault Fires Review