All Discussions Tagged 'health' (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Nation Member Activity

Active duty firefighters with Pacemakers or defibrillators

A member in my department has an implanted device and wishes to remain in an active duty status. I need some names and contact information…

Started by steve fennell

18 Feb 17, 2011
Reply by D. Tallent

Fires in Structures Containing Asbestos

What policies or procedures do you or your station have in place regarding asbestos or asbestos-cement products? Asbestos is a naturally o…

Started by Mark Montgomery

4 Jun 21, 2010
Reply by Gilles Dionne

How To Improve Firefighter Cardiac Health This Easter

Firefighters for years have known what scientists have just figured out. Eating your children's chocolate bunny ears promotes your longe…

Started by Mike Schlags (Captain Busy) Retd

7 Apr 2, 2010
Reply by Capt./Chaplain Mike Petrosky

Firefighter needs a Christmas Miracle

Please consider the following request from the wife of Lt. Jerry Kasper, Orlando FD: My husband, Jerry Kasper was diagnosed with a very ra…

Started by Steve Kidd

8 Dec 27, 2009
Reply by Tim Brooke

Remembrance Two LODD events and the Lessons Learned

Gloucester City, New Jersey, 2002 Hackensack, NJ 1988 As we approach the July 4th holiday period, two significant LODD incidents previou…

Started by Christopher J. Naum, SFPE

0 Jul 3, 2009

Fire/EMS Safety, Health and Survival Week: Day Seven; “The Courage to be Safe”

Fire/EMS Safety, Health and Survival Week: Day Seven; “The Courage to be Safe” Protect Yourself: Your Safety, Health and Survival Ar…

0 Jun 19, 2009

Fire/EMS Safety, Health and Survival Week; T minus One; The Opposing Spectrum of Fire Service Safety Culture

The Evolving Fire Service Safety Culture lies somewhere between two conflicting and opposing spectrums, marked by traditionalist emotion…

0 Jun 13, 2009

Attn: Training Officers!

Do you feel as though your personnel can really handle physical stress? Even if they have passed state physical agility testings? It may n…

Started by Derek Machado

2 Nov 18, 2008

NFPA 704 Hazard Placards... Can you see them?

I suppose the best way to start this off would be to ask all of you a simple question, do you require residential or business addresses to…

Started by Mike Schlags (Captain Busy) Retd

10 Aug 19, 2008
Reply by Mike Schlags (Captain Busy) Retd

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service