All Discussions Tagged 'fitness' (13)

Discussions Replies Latest Nation Member Activity

2013 Michigan Battle Of The Badges - Police vs Fire Games

Fun and competitive occupational & sporting contests for First Responders, their families, and civilians which encourages healt…

Started by DFD4LYF

0 Jun 29, 2013

Crossfit at the Fire House

Shift WOD knows its hard to do Crossfit style workouts at the station because of equipment. We designed work outs doing the same type of wo…

Started by Shift WOD

0 May 20, 2013

What do you do to improve your skills and fitness?

With September 11th coming up this week, I decided to blog about firefighter fitness motivation. The blog reviews the firefighter fatality…

Started by Aaron Zamzow

0 Sep 9, 2012

How Do You Define Firefighter Fit?

Most people, when asked this question, will normally think about how much weight they can lift or if the are overweight or not.  I argue th…

Started by Aaron Zamzow

9 Jun 1, 2012
Reply by Aaron Zamzow

NVFC Obesity Study - Can it make a difference?

Often when the subject of firefighter fitness and wellness comes up a commonly repeated complaint is that requiring physical fitness and me…

Started by FFN WebTeam

14 Jan 20, 2012
Reply by ashfire

Wisconsin Firefighter Dons Gear and Finishes Boston Marathon

TOM HELD Milwauke Journal-Sentinel About 22 miles into the Boston Marathon, Jim Gefke needed something to ease the cramps in his legs an…

Started by FFN WebTeam

2 Apr 22, 2011
Reply by Tyler Lyons

San Francisco Fire Investigator Celebrates New Heart with Stair Climb Event

JESSICA A. YORK Vallejo Times-Herald The 13 steps Anthony Robinson climbs to his San Francisco fire investigation bureau office once see…

Started by FFN WebTeam

0 Apr 18, 2011

Tough Mudder

So, I ran the Tough Mudder Challenge today in Cedartown, Georgia and while I nurse my aching legs before I volunteer on the course tomorrow…

Started by Greenman

0 Mar 12, 2011

Fireground Workouts

Does anyone have a workout routine tailored to jobs that we perform on the fireground? My guys are wanting to get into better shape but inc…

Started by Jonathan

19 Apr 5, 2010
Reply by Cassie

Firefighter in New fitness Documentary

Firefighter and film maker Stuart MacDonald explores the limits of just how fit a 43 year old overweight man can be.

Started by Stuart MacDonald

0 Jun 10, 2009

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service