All Discussions Tagged 'career' (13)

Discussions Replies Latest Nation Member Activity

video based fire dept tests

Hi everyone! So I recently came across a video based fire test. Something I'd never seen. The first part was employee dynamics and conflict…

Started by Chris Haefner

4 Dec 20, 2014
Reply by Matt Sherman

Zen Zone on Firehouse Zen

I have recently added in a section that is more in tune with what Firehouse Zen is all about: the "Zen Zone". These posts are brief ideas t…

Started by Mick Mayers

2 Jul 17, 2011
Reply by ashfire

Old Newbie

My fire service history dates to 1969 at Engine 6 in New London, Connecticut where I bunked in as a volunteer for three years.  Before leav…

Started by Barry Greer

0 Jul 13, 2011

You Want A Career As A FirefighterEMT?

The Town of Hilton Head Island is now taking applications for the position of firefighter/EMT. i'm talking about it this morning on Firehou…

Started by Mick Mayers

37 May 19, 2011
Reply by George Parker

Learn as if you were to live forever: Live as if you were to die tomorrow

Back in January I posted an article on The CompanyOfficer.com entitled: Your Capabilities and Future Success. It was about the legendary…

Started by Christopher J. Naum, SFPE

4 Jun 6, 2010
Reply by FETC

Best Options for Becoming a Firefighter?

I am soon to be 21 years old and after two years in college I finally realized I wanted to be a firefighter. I looked into a Fire Academy,…

Started by Stephen Sullivan

5 Dec 19, 2009
Reply by John Crabbe

Character. Is it necessary for Leadership?

Recently, Fire Chief Magazine announced their Fire Chief of the Year Award. Receiving the award was Chief Randy Brugman of the Fresno (Cali…

Started by Billy Schmidt

0 Oct 3, 2009

An unfortunate obstical

I am currently an Explorer with both the fire department and the sheriffs office, and since joining those organizations, as well as my whol…

Started by Ryan

0 Mar 28, 2009

Are You Going To Finish Strong?

Watch the video. Think about your life. Think about work. Think about family. Think about where you want to go. Are you going to fin…

Started by lutan1

23 Feb 26, 2009
Reply by lutan1

HELMET COLORS WHY DOES IT MATTER???!!!!

Honestly guys its obvious that most all departments are different, while we are at it why dont we give explorers pinkradios, purple lights…

Started by kenny goines

43 Dec 1, 2008
Reply by Chief 29

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service