All Discussions Tagged 'Firefighting' (13)

Discussions Replies Latest Nation Member Activity

Firefighter Flash Hoods

I have not been in the fire service long, but in the short time, I have come to hear lots of opinions on the use of flash hoods/ which ones…

Started by Caleb Daniel Smith

3 Jan 15, 2018
Reply by Douglas Greenwald

How to Be Calm During Chaos (in only 48 seconds)

Hi Folks, I am new here but not new to the fire service. I thought that the members here might appreciate this article that I recently aut…

Started by John Flynn

0 Jun 1, 2016

CPAT testing

I am trying to find a place to do a CAPT. I have noticed departments are commonly accepting a card proving that you passed the test. I real…

Started by Chris Haefner

6 Feb 13, 2013
Reply by Wade Seely

Map Packs

I am about to embark on creating map packs for my department. Its a 42 square mile district with not many roads. I was curious what new ide…

Started by AJ

8 Sep 2, 2011
Reply by Dale Loberger

Eyesight Standards

Does anyone know the vision standered for career fire departments? I am currently testing but I am a little concerend that my vision may ke…

Started by Chris Haefner

2 Nov 10, 2010
Reply by Chris Haefner

Training

So I have a question for everyone. I have been trying to finish up my FF1 proboard cert. I am running into a problem with my department. Fi…

Started by Chris Haefner

14 Oct 31, 2010
Reply by Chris Haefner

Higher Education

Hello,I was wondering what your thoughts were about college degrees and getting hired onto a fire deptarment. I currently have an AAS in fi…

Started by Chris Haefner

7 Oct 26, 2010
Reply by Chris Haefner

No More History Repeating Events-Remembrance

As we approach the July 4th holiday period, two significant LODD incidents previously occurred during this time frame that hold a number o…

Started by Christopher J. Naum, SFPE

2 Jul 3, 2010
Reply by Paul Montpetit

Navy Damage Control Men

Hey Guys, Im 20 years old. Just about to finish up my FS degree, and Im pro board ff1/2 certified. Im looking towards the future now and I'…

Started by Ryan Pitts

2 Nov 11, 2009
Reply by John Crabbe

Ten Minutes in the Street: Read "through" the Smoke

You’re the designated Safety Officer at the scene of a working fire involving a moderate sized, single story commercial building. Compani…

Started by Christopher J. Naum, SFPE

40 May 20, 2009
Reply by Rick Westerman

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service