General Firefighting & Rescue Discussion (6,243)

Discussions Replies Latest Nation Member Activity

How to Keep Training Interesting?

First off let me say I am new  the Nation. I look forward to the future with each and every one of my brothers and sisters in the time ahea…

Started by Randy Price

2 Nov 6, 2019
Reply by Ted Mead

House Fire Scenario, Wednesday 1600 hrs.

Answer based on your area and operations At 1600 hours on Wednesday your station is alerted to a house fire.  The dispatcher adds that ad…

Started by FFN WebTeam

4 Oct 7, 2019
Reply by jody dobbins

Why is a firehouse called a firehouse?

I've been having a discussion/argument with my Assistant Chief about this. I'm wanting to know your reasons (other than "we've always calle…

Started by Chris Kennedy

2 Apr 8, 2019
Reply by ashfire

Bariatric Rescues

Hey Guys! I am looking to visit a fire department that deals with, and is geared up for bariatric rescues.  I have been fortunate to get a…

Started by Brad Hardwidge

0 Mar 12, 2019

When Worst-Case Scenario Hits Home

I finally made the toughest call I’ve ever made By Adam Biddle | FireRescue Magazine Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am an…

Started by FFN WebTeam

0 Jan 28, 2019

2019: You Do You

Why do we find others so wrapped up in being offended? When my best friend and I started in the fire service, the most well-known safety…

Started by FFN WebTeam

0 Jan 21, 2019

Expiring Turnout Gear

I am at a small Rural Volunteer Department, this is a non-entry department, almost all the turnouts are technically expiring in 2019. Howev…

Started by Colin Brayton

1 Jan 15, 2019
Reply by Ted Mead

Charged or Uncharged Hoseline

Do YOU go in wet or dry? Why? Helmet cam video of this Pennsylvania house fire drew some comments from readers about entering with an unc…

Started by FFN WebTeam

70 Jan 4, 2019
Reply by Ed Mello

2019: You Do You

Why do we find others so wrapped up in being offended? When my best friend and I started in the fire service, the most well-known safety…

Started by FFN WebTeam

0 Jan 3, 2019

Humpday Hangout: 2019 Training To-Do List

A Focus on Training discussion Fire Engineering - The panel will discuss the 2019 training priorities in their organizations, and their own…

Started by FFN WebTeam

0 Jan 2, 2019

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service